Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Goldfish Original Acrylic Painting 6x6 Daily Painting




A Goldfish is a symbol for abundance and prosperity and a popular symbol in China. To keep a lose style but mimmick the shimmering and translucency many layers with thin glazes of black, violet, deep blue, red and yellow were used.  I love aquariums and watching fish.  My favorites are the brightly colored ones like goldfish.  The way they shimmer and swim.

This a slightly textured painting. The fishes gills, body and background. Has some raised texture, I applied golden medium with a brush before I began painting.

Media: Artist grade acrylics on gessoed masonite (hardboard). Signed on back with date.

Size: 6x6 inch square, 3/8th of inch thick.

This painting is for sale in my Etsy shop HERE .  I also accept amazon payments now for those that prefer not to use paypal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails