Sunday, August 29, 2010

I wish the war would end...

Well I got the call at 5a.m on Friday from my son that they were deploying in 2 hours to Pakistan for a month than 9 months in Iraq.

They weren't supposed to deploy for their tour until the end of September. That all got changed when the US decided to send our boys in humanitarian aid to Pakistan. We had 21st birthday plans for his leave in September before they deployed. Now he'll celebrate god only knows where.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in helping people. It just upsets me that in our own country we don't respond that way. Look at the people still without homes, livelihoods after hurricane Katrina and it's been years. I just feel we should take care of business at home too. 

I guess the worst part is knowing we're over their to help and they are on the shore shooting at our ships. I never imagined having a child go off to war. It's one of the worst sick feelings I've ever had. The fear, the anxiety, the worry but also pride. I have so many friends in the same position. There's a no retaliation in effect in Iraq, last Saturday our troops were under heavy fire. A friends son was in one camp attacked and someone lost their child that day, we as a nation lost a soldier.

Maybe if the politicians and hell even the President, all had to go over there it would have been over long ago.

Come home safe Travis, that's an order! We love & miss you!



4 comments:

glentwistle said...

My heart goes out to you. Many of us believe as you do that charity should begin at home.

Tell your son there are those of us who are grateful to the men in our countries service.

Alisha K said...

Hello I am a new follower from WBH! I hope you will follow me back at
http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

B.Kelly said...

Thank you glentwistle, I will be sure to let him know :D

B.Kelly said...

Giggly Monsters, love your blog and following!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails