This is dry now, forgive the photo quality the painting is actually darker. I'll have to get a proper photo once the rain ends and I can take it outside in natural light.
This is my first oil painting and first seascape. I have 2 other paintings I am working on. I truly love oil paint but the turpentine (odorless) sets off migraines and seems to aggravate the Grave's symptoms . I'm saving up to get a set of the water misable oil paints that are mixable with water rather than needing harsh chemicals. For those of you that use oil and are curious or those unfamiliar with water soluble check here Holbeins Duo water misables are archival quality, just like normal oil paint.
- THE sea awoke at midnight from its sleep,
- And round the pebbly beaches far and wide
- I heard the first wave of the rising tide
- Rush onward with uninterrupted sweep;
- A voice out of the silence of the deep,
- A sound mysteriously multiplied
- As of a cataract from the mountain's side,
- Or roar of winds upon a wooded steep.
- So comes to us at times, from the unknown
- And inaccessible solitudes of being,
- The rushing of the sea-tides of the soul;
- And inspirations, that we deem our own,
- Are some divine foreshadowing and foreseeing
- Of things beyond our reason or control.